Thursday, June 17, 2010

Slime Time

This week our church, CCF, has hosted a Vacation Bible School all week long from 5:00p-7:00p. The theme is “Slime Time” and we have been going over the book of Daniel. I have never seen so much slime in my life! This slime puts the show “You Can’t Do that on Television” to shame. (Does anyone remember that show, or does that mean I am getting old.)


The kids have had such a blast! You can really tell that a lot of work has gone into the planning of this VBS! Our high school youth kid have been putting on the outside games and they have been very creative, very messy, and very slimy! I have been taking my nephew Alexander, and we have had a good time being silly and getting dirty. This week has reminded me how much fun it is to play with first through fifth graders! If I could pick a job that I had to work at for the rest of my life, I would be a permanent summer camp counselor for elementry school kids. There is nothing better than hearing little kids sing and laugh!

Shepherd has been attending the nursery all week and he loves hanging out with his buddies. He has two really good friends, both named Eli! Our church building is really large and you have to go down several long hallways before arriving at the nursery. As soon as we walk into the church, Shepherd wants me to put him down, and he will lead the way to the nursery. I just can’t get over it! There are several turns that have to be made and he knows just how to get there to see his friends. He obviously did not get his mother’s sense of directions! Here are some great pictures from the week!

**Jonathan, our children's pastor getting Slimed, by Jake.

**Dana, my sis, checking in Alexander, my nephew


**I was teaching the kids how to play, "Do This, Do That"



**Obstacle Course


**Head count





**Don't pop the balloons!







No comments:

Post a Comment