Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This Past Year

I guess it is time to catch up on this blog. It has almost been a year since I have written a post and I am totally ok with that. I do want to keep a record of my precious kids, but this momma needed a break from any extra things on my plate. This past year has been pretty rough but also wonderful.

Summit entered this world as a beautiful and healthy little boy. I will share future post about his first year of life, but over-all, Summit has a gentle spirit and always smiles. He rarely cries during the day, and is extremely laid back. He will go to anyone, and is content to sit in his car seat as long as I need him to. The only problem with Summit is he does not want to sleep. He just started occasionally sleeping through the night at eleven months old, and he does not nap very well. I had to co-sleep with Summit, out of desperation, for the first 5 months of his life. I tried every method to create a good sleep schedule, but nothing seemed to work. My lack of sleep really paid a toll on me and made my daily routines very difficult.

Shepherd is doing great and will turn 3 in a couple of months. He is outgoing, energetic, hilarious, adventuresome and just the cutest little toddler I know. But to tell you the truth, this past year with Shepherd has been the most trying year of my life. When Summit joined our family, Shepherd decided that he was going to fully embrace the “terrible two’s”. Every day was filled with fits, destruction and ugly behavior. Discipline in our home became our number one discussion. We read lots of books, asked everyone for advice and prayed over this discontent little boy. Shepherd has a lot to say, he talks non-stop, and has a lot of opinions. I think our biggest issue this past year was getting him to the point where he could clearly express everything he wanted to tell us. If we did not understand what he wanted or thought he needed, he would melt down. Starting in December, Shepherd started to outgrow this phase of terrible two’s, and every day gets better and better. He would always tell me that he wanted a happy heart, and I truly believe his heart is happy now.

I purposely did not want to write on this blog during this season of life, because at the end of every day, this sleep deprived mamma, only had bad stories and lots of tears. And honestly, I would rather forget all of those bad days, and only remember the joys and blessings that these two little boys have brought to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment