Thursday, September 16, 2010

What’s New With Shepherd?

Shepherd will be 16 months old on September 21st and he is quite the character. He is always up to something and makes me laugh all of the time. He is at such a fun age! The other day he went into the kitchen and came out with a new hat on. The whole time he wore this colander, he was giggling at how silly he was acting.




I like the new hat!
Shep is climbing on everything. I have to keep my eye on him or he will be standing on top of a table bouncing. Boy he scares me! He loves stairs and can navigate them quite quickly.

Shepherd still loves to eat strawberries, but he will not eat any other fruit. I cannot give Shep gummy snacks because they cause too many problems in our home. If he eats a package of gummies, he will just cry and cry until he gets more. He is a very determined little guy. The other day, I had a friend over and made some cookies. They were sitting on our entry way table so when Taylor got home from work, he walked in the door and saw the plate of cookies right away. Shepherd and I were in the kitchen cooking dinner and Taylor asked, “Are these cookies for anyone?” (obviously wanting to eat one) As soon as Shepherd heard the word “Cookie”, he took off running to Taylor and asked him for some by signing “more, more”. Shepherd loves his sweets and will not pass up the opportunity to eat some.

Shepherd’s favorite breakfast food is pancakes and sausage. We make a lot of pancakes in our home. Here are some pictures of Shepherd helping me cook breakfast. He is such a good helper!


A chef in the making!


Yum! That taste good!


Shepherd's favorite meal of the day!


One of Shepherd’s favorite things to do is play hide and go seek. His favorite place to hide is in the curtains. Okay, so the only place he hides is in the curtains.


Can you find Shepherd?

Oh, there he is?


Shepherd is a very determined little guy! The other day we were at a friend’s house and found a frog. The frog was on a decorative wrought iron pole that was in a flower pot. We showed the frog to some three year olds, and the frog was about eye level with them. They were all squealing and in awe of the cute little frog. I then showed the little frog to Shepherd and he immediately tried to grab it. Thankfully, he was not tall enough and could not reach the cute frog. Shepherd then disappeared and came back with a big stick and whacked that frog off of the pole! He found a way to accomplish his task!

The other day, the TV was on and it was turned to the news channel (Not a kids channel). I left the room and when I came back, I found Shepherd on the couch, changing the channel, trying to find the kids channel. The funny thing is; Shepherd is not tall enough to get on the couch. So how did he get up there? Well, I looked down to find a pile of his toys stacked up so he could have a step stool. He is sure one determined little guy!
Shepherd has recently become interested in the potty. I have no plans of potty training him at 16 months, but I do want to help make him aware of it. I always dump out Shepherd’s dirty diapers in the toilet before throwing them away. (I find it gross to put poop in your trash can) Shepherd’s favorite thing to do is wave bye bye, while the contents of his diaper flush down the toilet. Shepherd has gone number two twice on his potty and this morning I found him on top of my bathroom toilet (yes, the lid was down) and he was going poop in his diaper. I am hoping that it was not just a coincidence; I am hoping that he is starting to connect the dots and understand what the potty is for.

Shepherd has finally learned how to really play with his cousins. Prior to this month, the only interaction that he would do while playing, would be trying to steal a toy. Now, he has figured out the concept of playing. It is so cute to see him have so much fun with his cousins.



Jack, Shepherd, and Paisley. Fun in the tub!



Cute boys!


Savannah, Shepherd and Paisley playing in the pool










No comments:

Post a Comment